Play a spooky prank that preys on the most basic fear that one day haunted computers will rise up and destroy us all.
Step 1: Learn about AutoCorrect
Familiarize yourself with Word's AutoCorrect feature. The program automatically fixes frequently misspelled words. You can easily modify AutoCorrect for dastardly ends.
Step 2: Get to the computer
Find a time when you when you can tamper with the victim's computer in peace.
Step 3: Open Word
Open Microsoft Word and click on the Tools tab, then AutoCorrect. In the Replace box, type the word you want the computer to change. In the With box, type the word or phrase you want to swap in. Click Add. When you're finished, click OK.
Replace commonly typed words. The more often the victim types them, the better.
Step 4: Observe
Relish the expression of sheer confusion as the victim tries to decide whether their computer is out to get them, or they've gone completely insane.
Fact: Forty-four percent of Americans say they believe in ghosts.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades